Healthy Vegetarian Recipe for Silky Tofu Salad
We were so fortunate today to have a Vegetarian Cooking Class with Jen Lin, with an emphasis on Asian herbs and spices. One of the recipes included some of my favorite fresh ingredients – including avocado, fresh spinach and tofu. The sauce was amazing. This salad is very versatile, and you may substitute other green vegetables for the spinach. Great for gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets.
Ingredients – Main Ingredients
1. Silk Tofu (1 to 2 boxes/containing 2 per box)
2. Avocado (1 to 2 medium)
3. Spinach (or other green vegetables)
1. Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp (can use Bragg Liquid Aminos)
2. Ketchup, 1-1/2 Tbsp (can make your own ketchup)
3. Maple Syrup, 1-1/2 Tbsp
4. Sesame Seed Oil, 1-1/2 Tbsp
5. Balsamic Vinegar, 2-1/2 Tsp
6. Cayenne Pepper, to your preference
1. Nutritional Yeast, 3 Tbsp
2. Roasted Nuts (can use white roasted sesame seeds, or roasted peanuts), 1/2 cup
1. Spread out the Spinach on your serving plate.
2. Place the silken tofu on top of the spinach. You may use a firmer tofu, if preferred. Use Organic if possible. You can cut the tofu into smaller pieces.
3. Chop the avocado into pieces and spread over the spinach and tofu
4. Prepare Sauce – mix all the ingredients above in a bowl.
5. Spoon the Sauce onto the Vegetable platter, over the spinach/tofu/avocado
6. Use previously roasted peanuts and/or roasted sesame seeds. Place in blender or grinder, and blend to a “sprinkle” consistency. Add Nutritional Yeast. Sprinkle over the salad.
Thank you so much, Jen, for including us in your wonderful Vegetarian Cooking Class in Salmon Arm and for giving me permission to include photos and ingredients!
Wishing you Vibrant Health!