Essential Oils for Cleaning
Numerous cultures have been using essential oils for cleaning for thousands of years. Essential Oils have been used to treat diseases, promote better health, and for numerous household purposes. In the past few years, essential oils have grown in popularity and understanding as more people are embracing a holistic approach to cleaning, healing, and wellness.
These non-toxic, inexpensive, natural products have hundreds, if not thousands, of uses, and smelling great is just the tip of the iceberg.
Adding essential oils to your cleaning cupboard, medicine cabinet, and beauty regimen is easy, and we’re here to help you find the best uses for you and your family. The vast and varied uses for these botanical extracts may astound you, so keep reading to learn some of the many different ways you can use essential oils around your home.
Essential Oils for Cleaning and Freshening
- Add a few drops of grapefruit, bergamot, lime, or lemongrass essential oil to a refrigerator box of baking soda the next time you clean your refrigerator. You’ll have a fresh, clean-smelling refrigerator for several months.
- If you have lingering food odors in your home, place a pot of water on your stove to simmer, then add a few drops of cinnamon, clove, or any citrus essential oil to clean the air.
- Get a fresh burst of clean scent every time you vacuum. Place a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball, then drop it in your vacuum’s filter container or bag. You’ll get clean and fresh air every time you vacuum.
- To keep your trash bins smelling fresh, sprinkle the bottom of the bin with baking soda, add a few drops of lemon, grapefruit, or geranium essential oil, then place your bag in as usual. No more food odors!
- Add a few drops of lemon essential oil to your dish sponge after every few uses to keep it fresh and disinfected.
- Create your own pet deodorizer spray. Fill a small spray bottle with apple cider vinegar, then mix in ten drops of lemon, lavender, or geranium essential oil. Shake well, then spritz on carpet, pet bedding, in the air, or anywhere pet odors are a problem.
- Kill mold spores in the air by using tea tree oil in your favorite diffuser.
- You can use lemon or orange essential oil to dissolve sticky or stubborn substances. Add a few drops to glue, chewing gum, wax, or other hard-to-remove stains, and rub.
- Create a homemade countertop disinfectant by combining three ounces of warm water with three drops each of tea tree oil and lemon oil in a spray bottle. Use this to spray countertops to create a germ-free kitchen.
- Make your own produce wash using grapefruit or lemon essential oil. Add water to a large bowl or your sink, add several drops of oil, then soak or rinse fruits and vegetables before storing them in your refrigerator.
- Remove soap scum from your shower naturally. In a large spray bottle, add four drops of tea tree oil and four drops of eucalyptus oil to warm water. Spray your shower, then wipe down to reduce mold and eliminate residue on surfaces.
- You can also create your own bathroom scrub. Add one-half cup of vinegar and five drops of lime or orange essential oil to one-half cup baking soda, then immediately scrub your bathtub, shower, or sink.
- If you already use natural cleansers, you can boost their cleaning and deodorizing powers by adding just a few drops of either grapefruit, lemon, or orange essential oil.
- Sprinkle a few drops of citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, lavender, or peppermint essential oil around doors and windows to keep flying insects at bay.
- If you have unwanted pests that you want to eliminate, combine clove and orange essential oil together, then spritz on pests to kill them on contact.
- 16. If you have burnt-on food stuck to cookware, add water and a few drops of lemon essential oil, then bring to a boil. Allow to sit until the water cools, then the food should come right off.
- Clean your carpets with your own carpet powder. Add several cups of borax and 20 drops of tea tree oil together, then shake onto carpet before vacuuming or using a carpet cleaner.
- Keep your bedding mite-free by adding several drops of eucalyptus essential oil and water to your next load of sheets or blankets.
- Add lasting fragrance to your sheets or towels, as well. Start with a clean rag or washcloth, then sprinkle this with ten to fifteen drops of your favorite essential oil. Place this in the dryer when you are drying your linens to infuse a fresh scent that will last until your next washing.
- Keep your carpets smelling fresh with homemade carpet deodorizer. Add baking soda and several drops of lavender, lemon, peppermint, or bergamot essential oil. Sprinkle the mixture over carpet, allowing it to rest for at least 15 minutes. Vacuum and enjoy fresh, clean carpets.
- If you have a child or adult in your home who plays sports, you know how smelly sports gear can get. Start with two quarts of warm water, then add two drops each of lemon and tea tree essential oil. Add four tablespoon of baking soda to this, and use this mixture to clean sports equipment, uniforms, and other musty or stinky gear.
- To assist your dishwasher in giving a spot-free rinse every time, add three drops of lemon essential oil to your dishwasher before beginning the wash cycle. You’ll be amazed at the difference.
- Painting your home can give you a fresh, beautiful new look but also leave you with lingering paint odors. Add ten to twenty drops of peppermint essential oil to your can of paint before applying, and lingering odors are a thing of the past.
- If you have a space that smells of cigarette smoke, try this natural solution. Combine four drops each of eucalyptus, tea tree, and rosemary essential oils into a small spray bottle. Spritz this around your home wherever smoke smells linger, and you’ll notice the difference.
Easy Non-Toxic Cleaning with Thieves Household Cleaner Young Living
Thieves for cleaning your home ~ take the non-toxic plunge!
Read more about Thieves Essential Oil Blend here:
- Concentrated formula is easy to mix to create a variety of cleaning solutions for inside and outside the home
- Rinses clean without leaving residue
- Safe to use around children and pets as directed
- Offsets unpleasant odors with the rich, spicy aroma of Thieves premium essential oil blend
- Provides an effective, deep clean with the power of naturally derived, plant-based ingredients that lift dirt, pet stains, dried-on food, grime and more
- Infused with Young Living’s signature Thieves premium essential oil blend for a rich, spicy aroma
Buy Thieves Household Cleaner here:
Contact Diana Walker here:
I know you will love the 2 free ebooks that I provide during the first 4 days when you fill in the form below, and choose to learn more.
I will send you 2 free ebooks within the first 4 days and more free ebooks and educational information in the future.
1. Essential Oils for Anxiety
2. Essential Oils for Beginners